Monday, April 30, 2012

My tiny flying geese

My friend, Jo, from the last post had given me a small piece of the cheddar she had left over
from her large flying geese quilt.  A few months ago, she also gifted me with the mini Quilt In
A Day fg rulers.  So my mind starting obsessing over a new little project using both treasures
she gave me.  One try at the tiny geese and off I went cutting different indigos and stitching
up my little doll quilt.  She's wobbly and wonky and I am hoping once I wash her  in some
warm water, she will krinkle up and be even more wobbly and wonky to look like a well used
doll quilt.

See that quarter in the bottom left side?  Those little flying geese finish 3/4" by 1.5".  Sweet!
And then I wacked off some of the bottom ones.  Isn't that what they used to do way back
then?  Glad I like things a little primitive.

It's tiny and it was fun.  And I can't resist a little indigo and chedda'!!!!

11 comments:

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

It's Darling. Such perfect proportions! I never thought it was so small until you showed the quarter! Nice job! How did you quilt it?

Kimme said...

Too cute for words! I adore the cheddar and indigo. Makes me want to go buy some new rulers :-)

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your little quilt is beautiful!
Such a tiny little Treasure!

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

What a delightful little quilt! I love the colors. You did a wonderful job working with such tiny pieces.

Karen said...

Tiny and wonderful. And chopped off well. Really gives it the real antique look.

Maureen said...

Charming!

Barb said...

what a darling little quilt!!! great piecing!

Doniene said...

Your little quilt is soooo cute! I can feel an urge coming on.....

Blessings

Taryn said...

I have a friend who gifted me with those same rulers. They've been sitting on my cutting table looking at me and I am going to take your post as a sign to make a mini geese quilt from indigo and cheddar. I talked about my burning desire to use those colors today and Missie pointed me to this post.

Denise Jackson @ Split-Site PhD said...

I love your tiny little quilt. It is adorable. I am sure your dolls quilt will turn out just the way you want it to. Thanks for sharing.



Please visit My Webblog

Lis said...

I was cured of HIV with the use of natural herbs that I ordered through Dr Itua Herb store https://drituaherbalcenter.com/shop/. I love Traditional Medicine so much. Most times, injection and drugs are just a waste of time and money. I was cured 3weeks ago, i suffered from HIV for 5yrs but with the help of Dr. Itua herbal medicine, I was cured within three weeks of drinking the herbs he sent to me through courier delivery service. This same man also cured my Aunt from herpes, as soon as I heard she had herpes, I referred her to the doctor and she was cured after drinking his herbs.I have referred more than 18 persons and they were all cured from their various illnesses. Have you taken herbs before?. You have spent so much money on drugs,injections,surgeries etc and yet you have no good result to show for it. This man is a herbal doctor, I assure you of cure if you drink his natural herbs. He has herbs that cures Hiv, Herpes, diabetics, asthma, hepatitis, etc. Contact Dr. Itua on email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.