Thursday, October 23, 2008
Today I am posting a picture of the quilt top I made using Jan Patek's Girl Gang 2007 pattern, Flags of the American Revolution. I changed some of the flags on mine. Also took the "liberty" (ha!) of changing the center eagle a bit. Still looks like a chicken but not as scrawny as the pattern. There is an antique quilt from the late 1800's with a similar eagle that this pattern was based on. Fun! Hopefully I can hand quilt it this winter and then add the embellishments. Some of the flags will get star buttons added to them that were made for this quilt. Have to be added later because they would get in the way of the hoop while being quilted and that would really be a bother. It will be wonderful when finished. Colors are mostly muted and on the dark side. Nice, folky prim. This was a fun quilt to make but it will take a lot of quilting to make it look just right.
Happy birthday to my daughter, Kim, today!